perjantai 2. joulukuuta 2011

Emperor - Rehearsal 19.10.1992


Emperor - Rehearsal 19th October 1992
1)
Intro
2) My Empire's Doom
3) Witches Sabbath
4) Forgotten Centuries
5) Ancient Queen
6) Moon Over Kara-Shehr
7) Lord of the Storms
8) Night of the Graveless Souls

Depositfiles

To start off another December I decided to go with something that might be readily available but it's something I very much like myself. I suppose all of the readers are aware of Emperor. If not, I'm amazed and not sure if you have the right website in the first place. Anyways, this is an old rehearsal from Emperor and the era I like best myself. Raw and evil-sounding Norwegian black metal played by an enthusiastic and hungry young band, without pretensions of high art, just total darkness. Ripped from a traded copy, this never had any sort of cover in the first place I believe, the one seen above is just a placeholder I whipped up.

I can't recall the exact source for the date, I think it was online on a site that had some old items for trade, I just matched what info I had from my trader source with theirs. Still I'm sure this is now correct. As it is a rehearsal tape you should know what to expect if you've heard other old Emperor rehearsals or the demo. Raw as hell, not at all sophisticated like the latter work and delightful. As I see it, this is black metal in it's purest form. Very much recommended.

4 kommenttia:

Grilo do Demo kirjoitti...

OH MAN.

OH, MAN!

Tromm kirjoitti...

I love the track "Moon Over Kara-Sher". It also appeared on "Nordic Metal" compilation and it's doubtless one of the album's highlights. Haven't heard this live album though.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Thanks for the comments, guys!

@GdD: I hope the sound quality wasn't dissappointing!

@trommnorse: That's always been one of my favourite tracks too, most of these old rehearsal feature it which makes me glad. There's an older post here where they play it with Hellhammer on drums, instrumental version though.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Look what they did!
Moon Over Kara-Sher WOW