keskiviikko 7. joulukuuta 2011

Son Noir - Bloodtears rehearsal 07.10.1996

Son Noir - "Bloodtears" rehearsal 7th October 1996
1)
Bloodtears
2) Queen of the Darkest Pit

Reuploaded

I didn't have the heart to break the current rehearsal streak, but I thought it's still time for a bit different release so here's something quite obscure again. This is a two song rehearsal tape, dubbed by one of my tape traders and it was one of those extremely random picks to be used as filler. I think there was at least one rehearsal tape more but probably no official demo. All the info I have is that it was a Canadian project and that's it. I don't know if this supposed to be an official release or not (being named and all) and if there was some sort of cover for this. At least I don't have it. More info would be welcome.

Musicwise we've basically a piano/keyboard and voice combo here, similar to Dutch Christs Nails and later Lamentation material. The longer title track is for me the better one here, using simple piano and a raw, anguished black metal voice. He sounds quite extreme at times and I wonder if he did vocals for any black metal band ever. The second piece is again moody piano but this time accompanied by a half-spoken, half-sung clean voice reciting the lyrics. This does not work as well as it doesn't sound very convincing. And when he goes to singing mode it's quite awful, as are the (fully) spoken parts. This is partially due his accent. Shrieks still work. However, this drops the overall rating for this recording. I suppose I should say something about the sound, which is quite good and clear. Well, it's just the keys and voice(s) so you don't need magick to make it work. I'm not 100% sure what to categorize this, I guess black ambient goes closest to home. I recommend the ambient and dungeon synth listeners to give this a try.

3 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Great. Listening...

CR kirjoitti...

This is my first commenting on your blogspot and I have to say a vast majority of what you upload is wonderful and I thank you for putting it up.

That being said, MAN, does this one suck. This is like listening to the LLN's ambient projects if you smoked smoked a pile of horseshit. These same guys are probably jerking off in a cabin somewhere reciting the Impaled Northern Moonforest 7" in it's entirety like it was true word of Satan. This is the kind of stuff Necrosadik would put an outrageous pricetag on and distribute through about eight different online mp3 stores if he could. Only difference here is, these guys apparently knew when to quit and were probably too stoned off of ganja, the satanic bible and aforementioned horseshit to even know what profit means, let alone to pursue it. This is the stuff home taping was made for: hilariously awful bedroom projects. born out of and meant only to exist for one out of hundreds of drunken weekends in the 90's.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@M.L.F.

Thanks for the compliments and the entertaining comment! Yeah, I agree the second track is utter horse manure but I kind of like his screams on the first one. I'm still morbidly curious to hear the other tape I know exists.