lauantai 12. toukokuuta 2012

The Eerie Sampler (1999)


Various Artists - The Eerie Sampler CD 1999
Wizzard:
1) I Am the King
2) The Night Darkness Rose
3) My Unholy Witch
4) Valley of the Stone Horns
Gravferd:
5) Jeg fornekter jesu' ord
6) Når kristendom er en saga blott
7) Av hedensk blod
8) De tapte sjelers hevnere
9) La oss slakte guds lam
Raven:
10) Quiet These Paintings Are
11) Outro
Darkwoods My Betrothed:
12) Enter My Black Dreams
13) Whispers
14) Dark Aureoles Gathering
15) The Diabolical Eve of the Nocturnal Holocaust

Reuploaded

It's not everyday the Coven fills requests, especially as "fast" as here, but these things happen so do not hesitate to try. This compilation, or sampler as they chose to call it, was pleaded for by one of my readers, comrade pagan and since it's been long sold-out and apparently not readily found I thought I might as well rip it from my CD. I had scanned the covers earlier for the Discogs site and included those images (reduced to about 600x600 size) in the archive.

The CD compiles two Eerie Productions releases, the Wizzard (actually still Wizard when the demo was released but the label went with the changed name for the disc) and Gravferd demos and adds two other demos, the already here posted Raven promo 1998 and Darkwoods My Betrothed (ex-Virgin's Cunt) classic demo II from 1994. I'm not sure how the Eerie guy came to pick the Raven and DMB demos to this compilation, probably out of preference and agreement with the artists, but they certainly are good picks and deserve to be released on CD form too. Wizzard's (or Wizard's really) demo I is also great, dirty blackened heavy metal and definitely worth checking out. Actually the odd one out of the four, the Norwegian Gravferd ends up as the least interesting one with their quite standard Norwegian black metal. It's not bad really, just nothing that special. DMB demo arouses so much nostalgia in me that I can't evaluate it in objective manner anyways. A cool compilation/split/sampler/whatever you prefer to call it.

5 kommenttia:

pagan kirjoitti...

Thank you sir! I didn't expect such a quick fulfillment of my request, obviously it pays to follow your blog :) Hopefully others out there will now enjoy the music and perhaps the nostalgia, I will listen to it very soon

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@pagan:

You're welcome, enjoy the sampler. It was right at hand and since I had scanned the covers for Discogs there wasn't really any reason to tarry. I'm seldom this quick though.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Eeeh thank you I discovered Raven the other day, lots of thanks for your work in this blog.

>don't be a parasite

You are right! Support the scene!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Thanks for your comment and you're welcome. If you enjoyed Raven, don't forget to check out their later incarnation Shape of Despair out. They've released a bunch of albums which should be pretty easy to find, at least the first one has some Raven material re-recorded.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

>Shape of Despair
A-ha, I read about them in the Metal Archives while reading about Raven.

I'll take a look, thanks.

...

Kiitos (heh, I remembered the word)