maanantai 7. toukokuuta 2012

Unhola - Beetlehemin Saasta demo 1996


Unhola - Beetlehemin Saasta demo I 1996
1) Beetlehemin Saasta
2) Täältä Tullaan Kuolema

Mediafire / Depositfiles

Here's another contribution by brother Grev, the long-sought first Unhola demo. He didn't dub me this one, this is a rip he got from someone back whenever. So thanks to both Grev and the unknown person. No cover scan, unfortunately, so I'm still looking for that. And an original copy of the demo.

You might remember the 1995 rehearsal tape of basically same name I posted here. This demo is a different recording and my favourite Unhola track "Täältä Tullaan Kuolema" has evolved to Finnish lyrics and almost to its final form, there are little differences to the version on "Mustan Syvyyden Tuulet" demo II. Once again the vocals sound different from their other demos, this time around they're more in the traditional black metal screaming style but with a demented touch. Unfortunately the sound is a bit challenging as it is very muffled and a little murky in general. Don't know how much of it has to do with the rip itself which I decided not to tamper with. So I repeat my desire to grab an original copy of this demo. It's not otherwise that bad and certainly listenable, you just need to adjust the volume and your mindset while listening. The music itself is highly enjoyable and I'll recommend the demo if you enjoyed the other Unhola material and/or melodic black metal with rough sound.

2 kommenttia:

neblodzin kirjoitti...

Seems that the rehearsal tape beats the demo. Here the singer's style is a bit of a turn off for me, as well as finnish lyrics on täältä tullaan kuolema having heard the english version.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@neblodzin:

I think I liked the vocals better on the rehearsal tape too and somehow I think the sound worked better as well. Need to take a listen to both to see if I recall correctly.