torstai 14. marraskuuta 2013

Atanatos - Ancient Blood demo 1995


Atanatos - Ancient Blood demo 1995
1) The Truth
2) Dark Age
3) Pagan Punishment
4) Transmigration
5) Gate of Darkness
6) Heir of an Ancient Blood

Depositfiles / RGhost

Tomorrow is the fourth Black Flames of Blasphemy event in Helsinki which I'm going to attend so I thought I should post metal before I leave. Also, I have to catch up my quota of German demo posts so here's the first and only demo of Atanatos who are more or less active to this date with a trio of albums and a couple of other releases out. To be honest I haven't been really keeping up with them since 1998 so I can't say much of their later stuff. Atanatos was one of the bands signed on the infamous Last Episode label which wasn't exactly known for quality and were never that well known I suppose. My copy of the demo is an unknown generation traded dub but the sound and tape quality was decent enough so that's not an issue. No covers so stuck with a Metal Archives image again.

Six tracks might seem like a lot but as half of them are shorter than average it keeps the total duration at reasonable 22+ minutes. The music is basically black metal but with strong basic and thrash metal tendencies, I also get some Greek style vibes from this demo. Sound is okay if a little muffled and not very strong. Unfortunately this hasn't aged that well or my taste has shifted as I don't seem to like this nearly as much as I did back in the day. It's not really bad but neither is it very exciting. Collectors of German demos, underground enthusiasts and the curious should give it a try anyways.

4 kommenttia:

GREV kirjoitti...

Hail Velkaarn.
If you need an original scans of this demo, I'll scan and send it to you. I'll send you e-mail soon.
Have a Blackened festivals Brother \m/

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Interesting that you note a Greek influence, as I assumed this to be a Greek band by the name (until your notes proved them to be German). Whatever, it's potent and well executed.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Grev:

That'd be cool, did you invest in a new scanner? I'll be hopping on bus soon, hopefully other bands than Funeral Winds don't need to cancel.

@kp:

It's not that prominent really but I think it's still there. I think their MCD was quite similar in style but full album was somehow different. I suppose I need to refresh my memory one day soon.

GREV kirjoitti...

@Velkaarn. My wife bought new scanner/printer as an birthday present. Very useful present :)