perjantai 3. joulukuuta 2010

Unto A Long Glory...3 - Beverina Compilation (1998)


Various Artists - Unto A Long Glory...3 - Beverina Compilation (1998)
Part 1 Slavonic Glory
1)
Thy Repentance - Moon Roots of War
2) Nokturnal Mortum - Lastivka 2
3) Crypthowl - Of Seductress in Obsequal Attire
4) Valhalla - Hour of Battle
5) Miktlantekutly - Cemetary
6) Graal - Grand All Embrace
7)
Satarial - The Queen of the Elves' Land
8) Misanthropic Poetry - I'm Screaming in the Raven Hills to Sun Will Never Rise
(non-Slavonic bonus track)
9)
Fall of the Leafe - The Celestial Keeper
Part 2 Baltic Glory
10)
Manatark - Roosteik
11)
Heresiarh - Dragons Domain
12) Thy Lord - Mardus
13) Anubi - Kai Pilnates Akis Uzmirks Mirtis
14) Kalm - Igaveseks Mälestama Moistetud
Part 3 Tears of Stone
15)
Forgive-Me-Not- Midnight World
16) Chalice - Holy Water
17) Morgain - About

Depositfiles

A compilation tape, again, I've spent some time ripping these ones recently. It's kind of easy. This particular one is a third of a series by Beverina, I must say I haven't heard any of the previous ones - this was an item I just got in random from a small distro. However, the label Beverina was familiar to me, with loads of Slavic and Baltic bands. Of which a load are obviously featured here. The genres of music and quality vary from artist to another and I have to admit I used to prefer this to several other compilations back when I got it. No longer though, most of the material sounds to me awfully generic if not poor but for select ones - probably this is due my taste having been "evolved" or whatever. Still, there are some very good tracks and many not at all notable ones.

This one is a rip of an original tape, with cover scans included. Sound quality and levels are much better than your average 90's compilation - there's nothing exclusive so I can't really recommend it to anyone already into the bands involved and with all their stuff. The division of the bands is, as you see from the track list, Slavonic (mostly ex-USSR) bands on side A, Baltic (well, they're Baltic) start and go for most of side B with a handful categorised as "Tears of Stone" ending it - these are gothic rock/metal. I don't think I've much more to say about this one, but do pick it up if you're curious. Standout tracks for me include 1, 2, 4, 14 & 16. Oh by the way, Finnish Fall of the Leafe ends side A - even if not a Slavonic band.

9 kommenttia:

Vomit of the Earth kirjoitti...

Someone posted "Unto A Long Glory (vol. 1)" back in Dec 1 2006. 3 people requested a re-up but no answer...
I am going to contact some pals in there, if I get the fukin gem I'll let you know

Tracklist:
1. Monkmort - Brown Power Ritual
2. Gods Tower - Seven Rains of Fire
3. Winter Night Overture - The Inner Endless Darkness
4. Zpoan Vtenz - Jos Brolis in Kareli
5. Postmortem - Farewell Melody
6. Ha Lela - Isjojo Bernelis
7. Alfheim - Quintessence
8. Skyforger - Night of the Winter Solstice
9. Maze of Cako Torments - Possessed by Smaug-The Dragon
10. Poccolus - Rudens Misko Snabzdesiai

http://metalarea.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=10715&hl=Unto+A+Long+Glory

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@ohtar:

Hmm that volume has an interesting trackilisting... would certainly be cool to get it! Do you know who were on vol 2?

Vol 1 has Maze Of Cako Torments. I need their demos.

Vomit of the Earth kirjoitti...

I am sorry to tell you that there is no info on the 2nd vol.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@ohtar:

Don't worry about that, knowing the contents without having access to the tape would just be teasing anyways! Maybe someone uploads a rip someday.

Sonnenmensch kirjoitti...

I think I have somewhere at my flat in Riga Master tapes of Maze of Caco and also "Unto a long glory..." all parts :)
Still someone have some interest? :)

Juris/Beverina
(beverina@gmail.com)

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Sonnenmensch:

Oh absolutely interested, I'll buy copies if you want to make them. I'll be pleased with digital ones too, I'll send you a mail.

Nowhere, No-one, Nothing kirjoitti...

Any chance of a reupload? Links are dead :(

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@N-N-N:

Yes, reuploading as I type this.

Nowhere, No-one, Nothing kirjoitti...

Awesome, thanks!