lauantai 18. kesäkuuta 2011

Volkh - Alla Pohjolan Moukarin demo 1996

Volkh (fin) - Alla Pohjolan Moukarin demo I 1996
1)
Intro / Genital Grinder (Carcass cover)
2) Alla Pohjolan Moukarin
3) Musta Sateenkaari
4) Outro / Revontulet

Reuploaded

Here's another tape I got from brother Grev and another band I know preciously little about. It's most likely a one-shot project by member(s) of some Finnish band impressed by Storm's album and Fenriz' Isengard, perhaps the Finnish Perkele too. Grev did not have the covers for this one and I was unable to dig them up from the inter nets so nothing of the sort included and if you have them let me know!

This is a very short demo, only a bit over six minutes in lenght and none of the tracks crosses the two minute mark. The starter track, a cover of an old Carcass track, is an unexpected way to begin a folk/pagan metal demo but it fits in quite well after all. Sound quality is not the best possible, first of the source tape seems a bit worn, especially right in the beginning and the recording itself is rehearsal quality. The instruments and vocals are audible but not certainly crystal clear. Musically this is, as stated above, similar to Storm, Isengard and Perkele. I'm not sure if this is a "serious" project or just made for the heck of it. M.A. mentions another self-titled 3 song demo which I'd be curious to hear, if such exists. Give it a listen if you're a fan of the name-dropped bands or looking for a brief, entertaining musical curio.

4 kommenttia:

VJ-atyc kirjoitti...

Awesome blogspot. I run a smaller blogspot myself, feeling like checking it out?

http://hereticmemories.blogspot.com/

Ive added you to my bloglist too. You dont have to approve this comment, just reply in a random post of mine about what you think.

Cheers

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Bork:

Thanks for the comments brother Bork, I checked out your blog & added it to the links!

Warmaster666 kirjoitti...

please update link.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Стас Проклятый:

Done. Hopefully I reuploaded the right version.