sunnuntai 18. syyskuuta 2016

Dark Summoning #1


Dark Summoning 'zine, issue 1 (1994)
Interviews:
Ancient
Decortication
Rotting Christ
Sorhin
Necromancy
Dragon Rouge / Therion
In the Woods...
Beherit
Entity
Deinonychus
Articles:
Manitou
"The Discovery of the Pentagram"
Denial of God
Dion Fortune
Moaning Wind
Discorge
Order of the Evil Eye
+ reviews, drawings, flyers...

Mega

Back to golden oldies again, bet you thought it'd be ambient or something like that today? Too bad, it's finally time for another 'zine post! Let's get it said right away, I've a hopelessly soft, squishy spot for Dark Summoning 'zine of Sweden, nostalgia being a major component as this was one of the first 'zines me and my comrade (who got this and earlier this summer contributed it to me, thanks again!) ordered for ourselves in 1994. It's also a very sympathetic DIY-effort with clear enthusiasm poured into the making. Sure, many... well most to be honest, of the interviews are on the short side, errors dot the text and layout is mostly primitive but it still should be a pretty good read for even people who might approach it more critically than me. I don't think the editor Sara completed another issue but I've been wrong before so if such exists I'd love to see it. Ride the time machine once again, for a fleeting moment.

8 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Is there any chance for HELLFLAME 7 scan.Thanx!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

No, unless someone contributes it. I only have the issue I already did.

Opiekacz kirjoitti...

https://img.discogs.com/EVdmk5shrp0vP2-uCIV95hE2PNA=/fit-in/600x602/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-1637057-1234371792.jpeg.jpg

Who knows what is written on the bottom?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Opie:

Sorry lateness, been busy. Do you mean the bottom line of the image? Says "Limited to 1000 copies"

Opiekacz kirjoitti...

Hm...A few years ago I listened to a radio broadcast
in which the speech was that one of the old Impaled N. vinyl
have written "Special price for Poles and Jews"

I can not find this release from years :/

Opiekacz kirjoitti...

Could You help me with buying Nuclear Desecration - Desecrated Temple Of Impurity CD?
I cant find it ,do you know someone who have it for sale?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Opiekacz:

First album cover has special price to Poland and other Eastern European countries and no orders accepted from Norway. I don't think there was anything about Jews though. You can find scans of the vinyl covers on Discogs.

I've never even heard the Nuclear Desecration album. You should really ask stuff like this at some music forum like NWN.

jipe de aurora kirjoitti...

insanity is your flesh ov memory

we travel trough the end again

til thee beginnin ov life