maanantai 20. elokuuta 2012

Rotko - Kuilu demo II 1996


Rotko - Kuilu demo II 1996
1) Intro - Arts of Black Magick
2) The Gloomy Fallen Angel
3) Lusifer
4) Flames
5) I Rise from the Coffin

Depositfiles / Mediafire

The second Rotko demo, see the first post for background details and musings, most written there applies here. Obviously no cover for this one either. As always, I'd appreciate scans if they exist and if anyone actually has them.

To the content: as seen above intro and four tracks this time, all of them being on the short side (ranging from 2:22 to 3:37) and continuing much in the same vein as the first demo. That is, bass-heavy ritualistic jetblack metal with some (less this time) doomy touches - not much different from Barathrum material of the 90's! Though the sound and intros/effects bring an extra touch of demented morbidity to the result. "The Gloomy Fallen Angel" was recorded again for "Venomous" and "Lusifer" is familiar both from that same album and the first Rotko demo. This version is faster, a bit shorter and more maniacal than the one on first demo, yet longer than the album version and still in Finnish. I stand undecided which one I prefer most. The sound is comparable to the first demo, though it's somewhat superior with the stronger guitar sound and better drums. To me the vocals stand out differing most as they are now closer to Sova's usual black metal voice. Overall tempo is faster, as reflected by the more compact tracks as well. Sounds perhaps less unusual than the first demo but flows better. Anyways, very much recommended to Barathrum listeners and in general worth a try for any reader.

2 kommenttia:

JKR kirjoitti...

Thanks for all the awesome demos. Do you have any decent rips of Demonos Jetblack material?

666

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@JKR:

I've got okay rips of the demos I found online somewhere, I can see if I find the links for you... or I can pack 'em and send to you.