lauantai 18. elokuuta 2012

Wanderer - Rehearsal 1995


Wanderer (fin) - Rehearsal 1995
1) Untitled I
2) Untitled II

Mediafire / Depositfiles

Back to my own rips, here's an instrumental rehearsal tape from the Finnish Wanderer - if you've read this blog longer you probably recognize the name from Raven & Haven In Shadows posts. And you might have heard the demo "Surrounded by These Firs" which was released on CD with Wintermoon (fin) and I Flow In Depths material by Werewolf Records the other year. These two songs date to... well I don't have any idea exactly to when, late 1995 I presume and in any case had no titles when they were dubbed to some people. As you might know, Wanderer never recorded another demo as the various other projects apparently captured the musicians' attention more and Azhemin got involved with a bunch of other bands. No cover exists for this thing either, what you see above is a combo of logo and band pic I scanned from an old (well, 1995) Finnish 'zine.

These two long (over 8 minutes both) tracks have a good rehearsal sound and seem to me quite complete and also sound annoyingly familiar - possibly some of this material was recycled to other projects? Or I might just be too daft to recognize these as versions of demo songs or something... well I am quite sure of them not being that! I'd appreciate it if someone more musical could confirm me if the material indeed was reused somewhere. The music proceeds on a leisurely midtempo pace for most of the time, is melodic and very atmospheric and reminds me quite a bit of Haven In Shadows material. Like mentioned, no vocals and also no synths present either. Works for me nicely without either, actually. Recommended to fans of both Wanderer and the other bands name-dropped!

4 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Thank you!

By the way, would you happen to have NUMONOUS (fin) demo?? it was released by Northern Heritage in the early 2000's I believe.

Keep up the good work! I'm always finding interesting and rare stuff here.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Thanks for your comments!

Unfortunately I don't have the Numunous demo - I recall someone asking about that earlier. I was actually supposed to look into that, better make a note this time.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

holy FUCK

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Thanks for the comment, I presume you like this.