keskiviikko 15. helmikuuta 2017

Carpathian Forest - Rehearsal '92


Carpathian Forest - Rehearsal 1992
1) Carpathian Forest
2) Call from the Grave (Bathory cover)
3) Bloodlust and Perversion
4) In the Circle of Ravens
5) Warhead (Venom cover)
6) Return of the Freezing Winds

4shared / Yandex

Here's something of an oddity, I am posting this thing today as a sort of reply, a little late one as usual, to sister Borderline's entry here. She also discusses what this is in quite length which boils down to this: this is the full '92 Carpathian Forest rehearsal session from which the "Rehearsal Outtake", also featured on "Bloodlust and Perversion" compilation, was taken off. Or as full as they dubbed to people I guess. Anyways, I got a rip of this from brother Baldemar already years ago, titled as "Rehearsal 1993" which interestingly thenecromancer's tape sent to Borderline was marked as well. So apparently the recording travelled among tape traders slightly mistitled. And tracklisted, I recall I had to figure out the true titles some time after I had gotten this and I am quite sure I did research and comparison to the Outtake version. There's no cover for this, obviously, I just wanted to post a bit more than just the logo. A line of text added: "more than just the logo" woohoo.

Well, as usual I did a quick last minute comparison and yup, same recording but B&P versions differ a bit due fade-ins and -outs, the self-titled track missing completely the adorable durdling in the beginning present here. Sound on it is also more subdued and slightly muffled compared to the clean-and-loud rawness of this rip and thus brother B's dub as well. I wonder if the fades were present on the Outtake tape as I have not heard that as "true version" - the only rip I've picked up was just lifted off the CD.

Do we need to discuss the music too? Is there someone who does not know CF? No, not Celtic Frost even though old 'Forest is very Frost-influenced, just listen to Return of the Freezing Winds. If you are only familiar with the last Carpathian Forest albums I recommend taking a plunge into old end of the pool which is much less stale than the silly late efforts, Nattefrost/Nordavind all the way. No, i-it's not like I ship them, baka! It's simply an established fact that the best 'Forest is the one with both of them or in other words which still contains material by Nordavind, up to and including "Strange Old Brew"... maybe "Morbid Fascination..." too on a good day. And best "album" is the mini. Source: I said so. Anyways, I'm starting to write whatever pops into my mind without hesitation so it's high time to stop, you cannot really go wrong with this if you appreciate vintage Norwegian black metal or generally like your black metal raw'n'rough yet groovy. Essential classicks materpiece theatre series.

5 kommenttia:

Borderline1991 kirjoitti...

"No, i-it's not like I ship them, baka!" -> What does baka mean? Just curious. Baka is grandma on my language. Oh, I googled it, is it Japanese?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Borderline:

Yeah, too much anime! :D A standard tsundere-line. I have suspicious hobbies besides devil worship, nazi occultism and other run-of-the-mill stuff.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Velkaarn watches Anime? I wasn't expecting that, haha.

But Devil-worship, Nazi Occult and drinking is all you need! If only they made a nazi occult devil worshiping anime about drinking...

Borderline1991 kirjoitti...

I've listened to it and it sounds so much better than my rip!

It's interesting how small things lead to this: I reuploaded the fake version for thenecromancer in 128kbps on metalarea which is strange by itself because lately I rarely reupload stuff there -> some user complained that it is fake and taken from compilation -> thenecromancer offered to mail his tape dub of it not knowing what it was and was it the same rehearsal, and I decided to accept the challenge -> all of it finally lead to you finally sharing this and resulting in all of us having the version of rehearsal which doesn't sound like crap. Heh, almost like destiny.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@EC:
And it's mostly cute slice-of-life stuff that I do :D It helps me unwind, especially after heavy substance abuse filled ritual festival nights and such.

I would not be one bit surprised to find an actual anime with nazi occult devil worship that contains boozing. And tentacle rape. Someone probably drops a link in less than 24 hours.

@Bl91:
It is good, isn't it? I'm a little annoyed at myself for not posting it already whenever it was I got the tracklisting sorted. Sometimes even quite obvious things need a little push to get done.