torstai 22. syyskuuta 2011

Charnel Winds - Stigma Prior Nefastvm demo 2004


Charnel Winds - Stigma Prior Nefastvm demo 2004
1)
Stigma Nefastum
2) Conflagration of Darkness
3) Shadow

Mediafire

You know I seldom post "new" demos such as this one but I do make exceptions. Charnel Winds here definitely is worth making one. This is the first demo, made still as a solo effort (with a session guitarist) and released in 150 copies by Spread Evil. I ripped my original tape & scanned the covers.

The recording has a good, underground sound and production, it's obscure enough for a demo but clear and strong enough. Rip quality is good though the tape has a few little imperfections. They don't make 'em like they used to in the 90's. Fortunately the music is as good as back then, even superior depending of course who you compare to. This is black metal with no artificial sweeteners added to it. It has an occult feel to it and shares characteristics with many of the religious and orthodox bm bands but without going overtly complicated. Recommended as is the following tape I.I.I. which can still be found in several distros and the debut album "Die Teufelsbund" released by Werewolf this year.

6 kommenttia:

neblodzin kirjoitti...

A solid good release, although the follow-up demo "I.I.I." is a lot more to my liking.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@neblodzin:

I like all their material, would like to see 'em live at Rentukka next month but I don't think I can make it.

neblodzin kirjoitti...

I've witnessed one live show but they were missing members, guitarist at least iirc, so well... kind of a let-down after listening to those tapes. but yes would like to see them too in full gear. Sadly can't make it to Rentukka, Rotting Christ & co in the same month and it's quite expensive traveling all the way from Oulu.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@neblodzin:

I feel your pain, I'm going to Black Flames II too, travel back to home and then AGAIN to Helsinki two days later to see Death in June. Not such a long trip as for you but it costs enough to use public transport from Savo too. Am I made of money?!?

I would've loved to see the Azazel/Black Feast/Gorephilia gig on 30th as well but I'm working then.

neblodzin kirjoitti...

Hah, a lot of traveling there. Too bad BOTH Blood Axis and Death In June play/played in the middle of the week.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@neblozin:

Unusual working hours have their perks, though I'm often working weekends so it evens out. Tonight I rediscovered the joys of casual drinking without everything planned months in advance. Rare. :)