keskiviikko 9. marraskuuta 2011

Funerary Call - A Comselh De Ors demo 1994


Funerary Call - A Comselh De Ors demo 1994
1)
Da I Crip Ors
2)
Battle for Conquest
3) With Fire and Blood
4) Fallen Monuments
5) Divine Sodomy
6) A Last Breath Before the Final Sleep

Reuploaded

One more for the road and another contribution, this one by brother Fenrirsson, thanks for the rip and scans! Non-metal material from Canada, this is funereal dark ritual ambient. It has some shades of dungeon synth too but I don't think I'd label this as that genre. Well, I'm not sure actually so I guess I'll wait Andrew's call on it.

Fenrirsson has ripped an original tape and edited the sound so it is clear and listenable, yet still sounds like something echoing from lightless subterranean catacombs. Murky and evil synth music with black metal voices and quite short tracks. I haven't heard the latest FC recordings so no comparisons to them. Listeners of dark ambient, ritual music and dungeon synth should check this out.

8 kommenttia:

Andrew Werdna kirjoitti...

It's a really hard call, and I was about to say that it would be 'dungeon synth,' however after looking up the band, it seems the label normally attributed to this sort of stuff is "black ambient": http://www.last.fm/tag/black%20ambient

That certainly makes sense to me. I feel that this is far too dissonant to be classified as ds, which is normally romantic and magical to some extent, rather than evil for evil's sake. There are definitely moments that come close though: oddly enough, "Divine Sodomy" seems to be a straight-up dungeon synth song, more mysterious sounding than evil sounding.

I might change my mind, though. I'll have to give it another few listens I think.

pagan097237 kirjoitti...

Sounds fascinating, thanks guys!

balbulus kirjoitti...

This is excellent, thanks for posting it. I've been having a dungeon synth / dark ambient phase recently and grabbed a load of downloads from you. This is certainly the standout for me so far.

Do you by any chance have Forgotten Pathways "Shrouded in Mystery"? The only working download I could find needed a password.

Cheers

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@balbulus:

Pleased to be of service! Yup I have it, don't remember right now from where I got it but here's link for you:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3HTLX3VW

balbulus kirjoitti...

Thanks Velkaarn, you're a star. You have a great blog here, I've added it to the list on my Woodsmans Axe blog. Keep up the good work!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@balbulus:

You're welcome, I've also added Woodsman's Axe to the links - don't know why I hadn't already added it seeing I'm reading it!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

its only one track....can you please upload the whole demo..

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

You got only one track? Try downloading again, I got it just fine when I tested. Small file (~10 Mt) and contains cover scan and six short tracks. If you think it's incomplete then I guess you're mistaken, that is all, a bit over 13 minutes.