keskiviikko 9. marraskuuta 2011

Howll - In to My Kingdom demo 1996

Howll - In to My Kingdom rehearsal/demo I 1996
1)
Written in Stormclouds
2) At Dawn Came the Silence
3) In to My Kingdom

Mono-version!

Slow posting lately. Well, here's another rarity from brother Grev to make up for it. Finnish stuff again and probably the only release of Howll, a project by Nattasett aka Julma from Darkwoods My Betrothed. I have practically no information about this apart from what Grev told me and he did not have a cover for this either. If one even was made. Unfortunately the quality of this rehearsal recording is far from great, due just about all the sound coming to the right channel. I could not up the volume much and ramming it out mono did not produce a much better result, thanks to the low general volume. If someone absolutely wants to try the mono rip leave me a note.  
UPDATE: Well, seeing that this version was lost with the destruction of an external drive and the Mediafire fiasco back in the day, you'll have to listen to the mono rip for now. I could also ask brother Grev for the other version but let's work with what we have.

I should say something about the music too I suppose. Well, like brother Grev wrote, this is a mixture of synth stuff and black/doom metal. The pace is generally very slow and the tracks quite long, the title track being faster and more aggressive than the preceeding ones. Nattasett uses a clean, semi-spoken voice, the extremely high, hysterical vocal you might remember from DMB material and a more typical, raw and hoarse black metal scream. Some samples are sprinkeled among the music. This would be a very interesting and enjoyable demo if the sound was better. Now it's just very interesting and kind of enjoyable. Still, recommendable if you can overcome that.

5 kommenttia:

DemonDarkness kirjoitti...

I admire your blog, it's one of the best I've seen. I was wondering if you would like to exchange (parceria)
link? Greetings.
http://discographiesbydarkness.blogspot.com/

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@DemonDarkness:

Thank you for the comment, glad you've enjoyed the blog. Unfortunately I'm not linking blogs that concentrate on full-lenght albums/discographies. Sorry about that.

DemonDarkness kirjoitti...

ok i understand. cheers!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Any chance of re-posting this demo?
Thanks!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

Hmm, kinda. This version (stereo, really one-sided) was among the files I lost and apparently never got around to recover (from Grev). But I do still have the mono version mentioned on the text, I'll upload it for now.