maanantai 9. tammikuuta 2012

Condemned - Nothingness demo 1993


Condemned (grc) - Nothingness demo 1993
1)
Epagelma (Intro)
2) Foredoomed
3) Nothingness

Reuploaded

I thought I'd post some death/doom for change and here is the first of the two tapes from the Greek Condemned, I had gotten this and the 1994 promo from a tape trader around 1996 I think and ripped both of them some time ago. I know there are other rips around, of both none the less, yet I decided to upload mine. I didn't have a cover for this (nor the 1994 tape) so I've used images from Metal Archives and someone else's rip for them. This one is from M.A. and a bigger one would be nice.

An instrumental short intro and two quite long (well, not that long for their genre) tracks of death/doom metal with a definite Greek vibe to it, this brings to mind such names from their countrymates as Septic Flesh, Nightfall and Obsecration, to drop just a few names. The first "proper" track "Foredoomed" is surprisingly aggressive, actually leaning a bit more on death than doom side of the equation. The third track which also is the longer one is more doomy, slower and has nice keyboards supporting the music. Sound quality is good for a demo of its era, I've heard 7"EP's with worse production and instruments come out balanced enough. The aggressive, growling vocal is quite prominent but this is not an issue. Nice stuff if not the most original recording around, recommended if you enjoy death/doom metal.

Ei kommentteja: