keskiviikko 4. tammikuuta 2012

Root - Live at Festival Death & Fire Explosion 1990


Root (cze) - Live at Festival Death and Fire Explosion, Czech Republic 1990
1)
Píseň pro Satana
2) Aralyon
3) 666
4) Zjevení
5) Dogrova říše
6) Démon
7) Drum Solo / Hřbitov
8) 7 černých jezdců

Reuploaded

Right, now that I've corrected some other posts it's about time I post some live cult shit for change and what better than one of my long time favourite bands Root from Czech Rep, introduced to me by Sami of Thy Serpent, a thing I'm eternally grateful for! This is an old live recording from 1990 and I think it was perhaps released as a video too? I'm not certain, anyways this is what I got from one of my tape trader comrades in the 90's, the original dub had no titles but I did my best to figure out this half an hour set. If I was wrong, please let me know. Even if that is unlikely! UPDATE: Found a copy for sale on eBay, the price went up to ridiculous levels so no tape for me but at least I got an image of the cover which also confirms the tracklisting, see below!

eBay image of the cassette and cover

As you probably figured out by now, this is still the old school black metal era of Root, one of the strong ones keeping the black metal flame alive before the Norwegian explosion... yes kids, there was a strong if small scene of black metal alive pre-"Ablaze in the Northern Sky" and most bands sounded quite unlike the other and that's enough about that. This live recording has a great sound and obviously the music is excellent. If you are not yet familiar with old Root material, listen to it ASAP and then get this one in order to really appreciate it. The sound is very, very good if a little lacking in heaviness but of course the feeling is there. Mandatory to fans of the old European scene and other cultists. The band is still alive and going strong, if in a bit different way so keep supporting them and go see them live as long as you have a chance!

8 kommenttia:

kingpossum kirjoitti...

By old Root material you mean Kargeras or The Book? I'm not terribly familiar with their discography.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

No sir, I mean "Zjevení" and the demos!

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Yeah, I spotted the link after leaving my daft comment. Thanks Velkaarn!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

No worries! Hope you enjoyed it.

Unknown kirjoitti...

Hey man ! Do you have this tape or dub ? Would you want to trade dup for dub ? I have lots of polish thrash/death/black metal demos and rare albums. Please contact me at serq.sero@gmail.com Cheers !

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@TxN:

I think I already said this in another comment section but I only have a single working deck so I can't dub stuff. Nor do I really want to anymore, either. My tape trading days are over. So, sorry but can't do that.

Invidia kirjoitti...

hails! Do you know, where these Death & Fire Explosion Festival was placed?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Invidia:

Sorry, I have no clue beyond Czech Republic. As you see from the eBay image of the cassette cover that was not very informative either. The original dub I got had even less.