maanantai 9. tammikuuta 2012

Condemned - Promo 1994


Condemned (grc) - Promo 1994
1)
As My Last Dream Fades Away...
2) Weeping Trees

Reuploaded

And here is the second tape by the Greek death/doom band Condemned (see below post for 1st demo). As this was also a traded item, I had no cover for the release but I found a pretty nice image from the internet so that one is used. I think it was posted on Raf's blog.

This promo tape has only two tracks but runs the same lenght as the previous one as both are 7+ minutes and now clearly the emphasis is on doom, putting the death metal element on the backseat. Quite notably the vocalist uses now also spoken and sung clean parts in addition to his deep growls. The sound is a bit more balanced this time yet at the same time less clear which fortunately suits the softer and doomier approach the band took here. I'm not sure if I really prefer this more atmospheric approach or the rougher, more aggressive debut. I recommend you to have a listen for yourselves to decide, it's pretty good stuff anyways. I would like to hear their 1995 promo too, so leave me a note if you have it or know a link!

2 kommenttia:

kingpossum kirjoitti...

I'm down with them trying the doomy and mixed vocal styling stuff. But they sound more in their element on the first demo.

That said, I dig the way Opeth integrates clean/growl vocals. The ridiculous cover art of their latest release notwithstanding.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

Agreed, the first demo sounds more "natural" than this one and I find myself prefering it.