tiistai 17. huhtikuuta 2012

Erevos - My Black Desires promo 1994



Erevos (gre - Athens) - My Black Desires promo I 1994
1)
Widdershins
2) Diasia of the Evil Incantations
3) A Paean Under the Silence of Styx

Reuploaded - with covers

Like I've mentioned before, I'm not a spring person so it has been slow lately. Here is a non-metal post again, Prince Korthanage's (whom some may remember from the first Agatus album) Erevos with the first promo tape from 1994 for which I've been unsuccessfully hunting a cover image (or basically anything) for. Help would be appreciated! I got my dub of this from brother Grev once again, thank you, and he from a trader contact back whenever. UPDATE: Was sent a scan of a xerox of the cover by a reader, thank you!

It's a bit hard to fit this into a category neatly as it definitely is black metal-based material, yet it isn't metal - I come to this conclusion because of the lack of guitars and stuff. So I go for one of my patented pulled-out-of-my-ass descriptions and just throw comparisons left and right. Sorry kingpossum, but once again I have to invoke Summoning here, it sounds quite a bit like them sans buzzing guitars, think "Dagor Bragollach" from "Minas Morgul" (well, not really a good example) or stuff from "Lost Tales" but without silly samples. Epic synths, percussion and voices switching from narration to a great black metal style. On the other hand I'm also reminded of Gothmog, so it's hovering somewhere between black metal (not that much), dungeon synth (much) and me getting fed up trying to describe it properly (very much). Whatever it be called, I think it's awesome. I definitely want the rest of Erevos material so please let me know if you have any of their (well, his) recordings. Recommended!

9 kommenttia:

Andrew Werdna kirjoitti...

Damn, this is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Andrew:

Agreed! I need to find the 2 (I think) other tapes he made.

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Thanks for the warning, Velkaarn. Here we go...

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Monster. I buy the Summoning reference here, and I'm well surprised by the Anglo-derived arrangements and structures coming from this Greek artist. Awesome indeed. The tempos are perfectly restrained.

More please.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

I'm glad you could enjoy it too! I really want to find the other tapes but there's barely mentions of them online and I'm not even sure if there actually are two or just one other tapes to hunt for.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

What do the above user mean "Anglo-derived" :/??!! The bands band name(see erevos) and the music is hellenic quality all the way! Nor in the lyrics and NOR in the music is it anything else then Pure Hellenic ancient mystic poetry.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anonymous:

Can't answer for kingpossum, but Erevos is brilliant and I definitely want to hear the rest of his works.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I thought it was BOTH the guys of Agatus/Zemial, but apperantly only one you say, ok. Well i hope you find the rest of their works :P. Did not know they even had anything more then this demo.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Well as far as I know, Erevos was Korthanage's personal project - though I wouldn't be surprised if Vorskaath and Eskarth had helped him with this demo. Hard to say without seeing the covers. Anyways, he was involved with Agatus only on the debut album.

I'm not sure how many recordings there are, the tape in M.A. and the other one for which I found a review online might actually be the same.