torstai 12. huhtikuuta 2012

Witchlord - Rehearsal Track 1996


Witchlord (ger) - Rehearsal 1996
1)
Hidden in the Emptiness of My Thoughts

Reuploaded

A quick one today, a single track rehearsal by German Witchlord and possibly their (well, his) only recording as well? At least I haven't seen anything else around. Witchlord is probably most notable for being formerly known as Ravenclaw and consisting of Gaamalzagoth of Moonblood fame. I'm not sure exactly when was this track recorded but if it was indeed so that Ravenclaw switched name to Witchlord I suppose it would have to be later part of 1996 as the material for "Conspiracy Against Christianity" split was recorded in spring/summer. I can't remember if my trader comrade supplied me with any further info. No cover and I've never seen a logo for this either so I just put a pic of G-man up there.

But how does it sound like, uncle? Well, if you are familiar with the man's other work I guess you know what to expect "production" and sound-wise... actually this sounds a bit cleaner than his side of the split demo, closer to some atmospheric Moonblood material. The track is slow paced, dominated by synths and Gaamalzagoth's very recognizable croaks, subdued metal elements being the rather sparse guitaring and barely audible percussion. Kind of like a mix between Summoning and Moonblood to put it very roughly. I would've actually liked to hear more of this but I suppose there isn't any. Give it a go.

8 kommenttia:

METAL EXTREMO kirjoitti...

Thanks for this!!!!!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@M.E:

You're welcome, enjoy the blog!

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Whenever you invoke the name of Summoning I look for the exits, but inevitably I give it a listen, because you're Velkaarn.

The out-of-tune piano is what makes this one for me. It really works with the inept guitar playing. Great stuff, then!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

Heh, you should learn by now that neither my descriptions nor comparisons can be trusted! Glad you enjoyed the track, though.

kingpossum kirjoitti...

The structure really is genuinely interesting, which is the purpose of a demo--to see what you've got.

With proper production this could be a very strong track, to my ear.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Could you please re-upload ?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

Sure, gimme a while.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Thank you !