tiistai 5. tammikuuta 2016

Chors - Słowiańska chwała demo 1995


Chors - Słowiańska chwała demo 1995
1) Tam, gdzie cień mrokiem zachodzi, gdzie płoną wrota niebios
2) Ogień pogańskiej wiary
3) Lasy Rastemburg
4) Władca piorunów
5) Chors
6) Zapomniane imperium

Yandex / Zippyshare

It's a new year or has been for several days already as I'm a bit behind my self-made schedule. Without further ado, here's the first entry for this year and it's Polish black metal contributed at my request by comrade LKS last year, thanks for finally letting me hear a complete version of this! You see I've had a slightly incomplete (read: half of it, first three tracks I think) version of the only demo released by Kętrzyn's Chors since '96 or so and only a few years ago noticed the fact when I was about to rip it. Tape trading issues. Anyways, this was a one-shot by Pagan Temple / Blackthorn members teaming up with a fellow called Natang. Speaking of Pagan Temple I was pretty sure I had the '95 demo "Fullmoon" but can't seem to locate it. Might've been lost with the HD a few years past. I could use a rip of that one. No proper cover scan, used Metal Archives pic.

Musically this is labeled at the Archive as pagan black metal and I suppose it's close enough, especially since the subject matter would seem to be Slavonic paganism. Musically I'd say this is closer to Blackthorn than Pagan Temple (though I can't compare to "Fullmoon" demo) and sounds slightly better than either, simply by adding a third musician the sound is much "fuller" though stays in the cutting, thin rehearsal region. Vocals are the near-hysterical Burzum-school shrieks and screams familiar from their other bands. Tracks 3 and 5 are instrumental, the later being a synth piece and what else to say... well, I like this. Don't remember if this and related bands made into the TTOF-banlists or not but if you enjoy old and raw, Polish black metal you'll want to check this out.

10 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Excellent way to start of the new year! Obscure Polish black metal is always appreciated. I have been hoping to find Veles "Enter to the Nawia" or "Fighting for a Throne".

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

I thought it'd be a good start too! Slightly similar item follows. Yeah the other Veles (pre-Dagor) should be interesting to hear one day, I agree!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Thanks! Had a 4-track rip (with a bit better sound though) too, and looked for a full copy for a long time.

Concerning TTF, no, Pagan Temple were its members, no banlist fodder here :)

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

Full versions seemed to be quite scarce, maybe my dub was actually four songs too and I remember wrong? Anyways, thanks for confirming the Temple issue, thought they were either with or against! ;)

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I got Veles - Fighting for a throne, do you guys still need it??

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

Yes please, drop me an email on the blog address. It's written in the side panel but let's repeat just in case: ascoven at priest.com. Thanks!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Hey, did you get my email with the Veles demo? I have it on dropbox. let me know!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@certain person:

Yes, thank you! I was supposed to reply but have been so preoccupied with things I forgot. Much appreciated and very helpful!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Was the veles ever uploaded?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@EC:

Not yet, there are some issues. Going to do something about it shortly.