sunnuntai 10. tammikuuta 2016

Sabbathan - Satanic's Ritual's demo '93


Sabbathan - Satanic's Ritual's demo I 1993
1) Basilicam Dei Luciferi
2) Aker Leze
3) Egolatria in Pentagram

Mediafire / Zippyshare

I wanted to do a synth-thingy today and chose to finally go for it and post this sending by brother Baldemar (thanks for the rip!) despite being somewhat uncertain of it. Remember Masthema Sancia's Sabbathan featured earlier here? Well, I got this rip here from B. without a tracklisting and vague description of demo '95 but that didn't seem to fit so I made an educated guess this is actually the first demo "Satanic's Ritual's" and '93 changing to '95 a typical tape trading mishap. The first demo and "The Fury of the Storms" which I already had were the only releases listed with three songs so based on that and the sound I'm semi-confident my guess is right. Obviously if you know better (and have proof) be kind and correct me. Cover image borrowed from the Archives once again.

Comparing to the promo track these have a much more obscure sound, with the keyboard being more prominent and vocals almost completely buried below them, a whisper most of the time instead of the clear voice on the promo or the black metal rasp of "The Fury" tape. The sound is sort of crude with the keys sounding almost piercing from time to time, giving a sort of uneasy feeling to the listener which should be a positive factor for this kind of music. I'm actually getting more of a cold space ambient vibe rather than ritual musick from this. "Anti-cosmic dark ambient" to counter Apeiron's "cosmic light ambient"?  Or maybe some kind of  Lovecraftian visions? No, I'm not on drugs. Whatever, nothing Aztecy here either, purely Satanic ritual black ambient. If you have the last tape "Lust & Pain" please get in touch.

4 kommenttia:

BabyHugZ kirjoitti...

Great post! Could you plz upload the "The Fury of the Storms" demo if you have it?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@BHZ:

I need to think about that, it's a pretty poor quality rip I found on Soulseek or maybe someone else's blog back whenever. Actually, now that I checked, I found a link to a better bitrate rip from MetalArea (which I might or might not have myself - must check). Here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/znkmi6vg8f4jxeq/Sabbathan+%28Mex%29.rar

BabyHugZ kirjoitti...

Thanks again! Very weird project. Wish they would have made a full release to see where the sound would go.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@BHZ:

Agreed. I think he might've had further recordings that were unreleased and/or unfinished but that's just a hunch I have. Pretty sure I saw a Sabbathan interview in one old 'zine or other, must check later.