torstai 10. helmikuuta 2011

Drawned In Tears - Deep demo 1996


Drawned In Tears - Deep demo II 1996
1)
Temptation
2) Bloodgates
3) My Wings Are of Steel
4) The Song of Wounded Love

Mediafire

This post is a bit redundant as this bands' material is available at the Portugal Underground, but since I had ripped it already (and P.U.'s link seems to be dead) I decided to go and upload it anyway. My rip is made from a pretty good dub I got from a trader friend in late 90s, no cover image and the one at Metal Archives once again makes a stamp look like a goddamn wallpaper so I'm not bothering with it. Instead, I picked their logo. Which is kind of cool.

The band plays what would be best described as death/doom with gothic touches on this demo. They're from Portugal. No, I wouldn't say they sound like Moonspell. It's quite easy on the ears stuff, with good production and mostly moves ahead at frisky midtempo. Music that Century Media, Nuclear Blast & Napalm started to spew out like it was a competition in the late 90's. Not from the fruitiest end of the scale still, yet think it's kind of pop, not gloomy and doomy enough for my taste and definition of doom. But it's really not bad so you might want to give them a chance.

4 kommenttia:

Misfits kirjoitti...

Hey Velkaarn! How's this? It's your birthday and you are the one giving out the presents? Thanks for all the posts! And, of course, happy birthday!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Misfits:

Thanks & enjoy the stuff! Well, I got some bribes in real life, don't worry.

Misfits kirjoitti...

ahahaha, well, great to hear that! BTW, I've had the song Jadis by Prophecy the whole week stuck in my head (which is not bad at all! It's bad when the song from a stupid commercial or a crappy song gets stuck in your head, but this is not the case). Can't stop whistling it any time I'm awake. Cool demo!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

You know, it's quite rare nowadays (at least for me) that happens! So that one really worked for you! I've been stuck with Ghost's "Ritual" for a few weeks.