tiistai 1. helmikuuta 2011

Prophecy (fra) - Jadis demo 1997


Prophecy (fra) - Jadis demo 1997
1)
Tir Na Nog (Intro)
2) Gwenved - The Final Beautitude
3) K.R.N. - For a Crown
4) Jadis...
5) Dawn of the Promethean Revolt
6) Epilogue

Depositfiles

I am now posting, after several requests, the last demo of the French pagan black metallers Prophecy. You may remember the previous post even if it was a while ago. I've hesitated with posting this one ever since I got this tape last summer or so, as the tape I have, supposedly original, has a really poor sound. I bought this and a bunch of other old tapes from a guy and I'm suspecting he's sent me a less than original demo here. The cover enclosed was a rather shoddy xerox, which may actually be the case with the demo they spread around.

The bad sound manifests mainly on low level volume which leans strongly to the right speaker. If not for that, it'd be actually quite clear. The music itself shows more a natural development from their previous demo than the genre-hopping the band had earlier engaged in. Intro, four tracks and an outro that clips, the proper tracks are quite long, between 6½ and 8+ minutes. As expected, they focus more on the atmospheres than aggression in their mostly slow to midpaced speed, though fast and furious parts are added as spice. Keyboards and sound effects help build the moods and the songwriting would seem to have improved quite a bit from "Gorsedd" and everything in general is better. Performance and taste are both superior comparing to the previous effort. So, recommended if you liked their previous demo. Celtic/Gaelic heathens and pagan bm enthusiasts take notice also.

10 kommenttia:

Misfits kirjoitti...

Great! Thanks Velkaarn. As I told you in the comment section of the other demo, I wanted to listen to the rest of this band's output. Let's see how bad the sound is...

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Misfits:

You're welcome, I hope it's not too bad. Let me know what you think.

Vomit of the Earth kirjoitti...

Jadis...
I sail in this world of perdition
Manifest nostalgia

One more req crossed

Vomit of the Earth kirjoitti...

Try this Bethlehem reh.
http://metalarea.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=119863&st=0&p=911083&#entry911083

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@ohtar:

I hope you enjoy it even if the sound could be better! The Bethlehem rehearsal had a good sound. I like rehearsal tapes.

Heathcliff kirjoitti...

Excellent contribution, thanks for it...

regards

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Heatcliff:

Glad if you enjoyed it despite the sound. Right now I'm boozing like a youngling so I'm happy to read positive feedback!

Misfits kirjoitti...

Finally I had the opportunity to listen to it! I really, really enjoyed it! The sounds is not bad, not perfect either, but ok. Thanks for sharing Velkaarn!

Misfits kirjoitti...

Every time I listen to it, I like it more. This is awesome. 4th time listening to it. Thanks again.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Misfits:

Pleased to read you're enjoying it! If we don't count the sound, it's much better than "Gorsedd" in my opinion too.