sunnuntai 6. helmikuuta 2011

Scalprum - Inner God demo 1995


Scalprum - Inner God demo 1995
1)
Discharge
2) Psycho Monstrosity
3) Refused Grossly
4) Oppressions for the Sheep

Mediafire

Some more death metal from Turkey and a band I don't have covers, logo or band photo either to go with the post! So you have to excuse me the lack of visuals this time. You might have figured out it already, but I'll tell you anyway that this is again another piece of loot from the good old tape trading days. Cover scans/band logo/pretty much anything appreciated.

UPDATE: Apparently the drummer of this band moved to Norway and started a band there, called Ominous Grief. The tracks I took a listen to sound more like melodic dark metal than death metal. I will investigate further. I'm hopefully getting a copy of the Scalprum demo covers soon so keep an eye on this.

UPDATE II: Reuploaded, link above updated. Contains the cover, flyer & pic scans given me. Thanks!

The demo contains four songs of fast & noisy death metal which however has melodic and mid-paced parts as well. It's actually very thrashy at times. You know, screaming Slayeresque leads and all that. Sound quality is ok, a little chaotic perhaps but mostly clear. Audible bass which is nice. Not really that much to add I guess, if you like death metal, deathrash - hell extreme metal in general - you might want to give this obscure demo a listen. It's quite good!

7 kommenttia:

Vomit of the Earth kirjoitti...

"another piece of loot"
lol
I love to read all those 15 lines you put under every invaluable gem.
Hope could return a bit of your favors pal.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@ohtar:

Thanks for the comment, enjoy the demo?

Well, if you ever find the cover art or logo for this band that would be mucho appreciated!

Vomit of the Earth kirjoitti...

No cover or logo seem to have existed.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Hi Velkaarn!
Thanks for sharing the demo, the good comments and reminding me the old days. i was the vocalist of that band.
You had asked if some cover art or logo exist, unfortunately i dont have much left about the band except the demo cover and some flyers which i can send you if you give an email adress.
after the band split up, our drummer continued with his band "ominous grief", you may also like it: http://www.myspace.com/ominousgrief
regards..

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Hi & thanks for your comment, I'd be very happy to get the cover & flyers, here's my email: velkaarn at hotmail.com

Hmm, I hadn't heard of the drummer's band before, I'll give it a listen, thanks for the link!

death is near kirjoitti...

hi velkaarn, I found a picture of this demo, it looks like this: http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6357/taped.jpg unfortunately I don't own it otherwise I would have posted scans of it. I'm curious if you have more demos from Turkey. are you going to share more? can you post a list of all demos you have from Turkey? thanks!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@death is near:

Hello and thanks for the link! I've gotten pics of the covers and some flyers too from the vocalist, I'll update them to the blog soon.

Sorry I've no up-to-date lists left, I've a few more demos from Turkey which I'll upload in time so stay tuned. Unfortunately some of them are in my unsorted tapes so it'll take time to come across them and identify them.