tiistai 27. maaliskuuta 2012

Denken - Tristes Melodias unreleased demo 1996

Denken - Tristes Melodias unreleased demo 1996
1)
Dentro de Mi
2) No Existes
3) Triste Final
4) Nube de Sueños
5) El Ente
6) La Opresión del Terror
7) Cancíon de Hadas
8) Sinfonia Homicida
9) Unknown Title I
10) Unknown Title II

Reuploaded

Once again an obscure item, the unreleased 1996 demo and also the only release I know of from Spanish Denken who appear to have no online presence yet. It is of course possible they could have changed name and released a whole bunch of releases, if you happen to have any info on the band I'd be interested to read it. I got this tape from one of my traders and he didn't seem to have much to tell either, just the seemingly incomplete tracklisting which had 8 titles while the demo seems to have 10 and the country of origin.

So what's the content of this mysterious demo like? It's mostly slow black/doom sort of material that brings old Katatonia to my mind, up till the 1994 EP I'd say. You know, funereal and mournful blackened doom dirges rubbing shoulders with gothic metal or even rock. Not as good as old Katatonia, mind you, but not bad either. The sound quality is of obvious demo level but personally I've no problem with it, the slightly thin, echoing sound sort of fits with the content. Main vocal is an effect-laden black metal rasp which is not bothersome if not awesome either. An interesting item if you're into early Katatonia but it overstays it welcome a little with the 40+ minutes duration.

4 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Well thank you! Kiitos!

\o/

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Anonymous:

You're welcome... you don't happen to have any further info on this do you?

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Can you upload the scans of the tape? I'm Spanish and don't know anything of this band, I'm highly interested

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

I wish I could but I've nothing. It was a tape-trader sent item so it was just dubbed on a regular cassette with some other items and a tracklisting was sent with the letter, I don't remember it having much further info. I think it was an advance version the artist dubbed to some people prior to release and then for some reason decided to scrap the project. So there might not be any cover at all.