perjantai 23. maaliskuuta 2012

Kill Yourself!!! 'zine #4


Kill Yourself!!! Magazine, issue 4 (1995)Interviews:
Mortiis
Darkwoods My Betrothed
Hades
Sigillum Diaboli (now Diaboli)
Vlad Tepes
Thornium
Behemoth
Gehenna
Full Moon Productions
Ancient
Ancient Rites
Black Funeral
Nåstrond
Mayhem (Euronymous, reprinted from Rotted Anus#2)
+reviews scattered around the 'zine

Reuploaded

I think it's about bloody time I posted a 'zine I've scanned by my lazy self. Like I've mentioned before I'm terribly lazy when it comes to scanning stuff so I've been more than happy with the 'zine contributions but every now and then I get a grip and do something... well this one I scanned already a while ago, I just wanted to post the contributions first. So, here's the fourth and I think final issue of Kill Yourself!!! 'zine, done by the Autumn Verses-guys. Or actually it would be more correct to say the KY-guys also did Autumn Verses as the 'zine existed first - #4 might be a little bit misleading in a way as it was first called Rotted Anus for two issues and was much more death metal-oriented, gearing more towards black metal around the second issue and then full steam ahead after the name change. Unfortunately, all the older issues were written in Finnish so I don't think I'll be scanning them, despite the interesting content. I would like to see the first issue myself.

The Kill Yourself issues are more compact compared to the 2nd Rotted Anus which was 120 pages (I haven't seen the first issue which was 68 pages long) and the writing style/editor's attitude changed quite a bit along the way as well. The guys were very young when they started with the 'zine which certainly showed, something like 15-16 I think. Rotted Anus had some humorous content thrown in as well, but Kill Yourself was Serious Business. The interviews here are quite interesting as are the interviewees too, which can be said for the back issues as well. Shame they were in Finnish. Layout and print quality are nice and readable, even if my scanning was again kind of half-assed. Should be a worthy download to all nostalgics and would-be time travellers.

4 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Thanks a lot Velkaarn! you rock man!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

You're welcome, enjoy the read.

Argus M. kirjoitti...

Awesome read! I'm going to print this one out, truly a gem!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Argus:

Glad you enjoyed it! I've some more old 'zines I should scan sooner or later.