lauantai 10. maaliskuuta 2012

Wintermoon - Shadows rehearsal tape 1995


Wintermoon (fin) - Shadows rehearsal tape II 1995
1)
Dreaming of Emotions
2) Autumn Descent
3) Whispers from the Past
4) Snow Covered Hills
5) Untitled I
6) Untitled II

Reuploaded

Yet another item I got from brother Grev's vaults here and a bit more obscure tape, this is a rehearsal tape compiled from a few sessions (I think) by Finland's Wintermoon who started by playing what they called "Dark Winter Music" before going atmospheric black/dark metal on their first proper demo and later recordings. Well, actually the bonus track on rehearsal/demo I was already full-on metal and this continues pretty much where the previous rehearsal tape left off. I don't think a proper cover was made, at least Grev did not have one so I've put the old logo from the 1st rehearsal tape on this post.

Like I said, this continues in the similar vein to the first rehearsal tape, first two tracks (the second of which is either very short or incomplete) are instrumental, atmospheric pieces bordering even on dungeon synth approach while the third track is a full on metal track with vocals and all. These tracks have a good and clear rehearsal sound. Fourth track appears to have been recorded on another session as the sound (quality) changes quite drastically, it comes mostly on left speaker and at a lower volume. It is another black metal song, quite atmospheric one too with more extreme vocals than on the previous one. The last two untitled tracks are instrumental jam clips, first one hardly a track at all and second partial cover Amorphis' "Magic and Mayhem" - the beginning of which is an old traditional Finnish song anyways. So it's a mixed bag of tracks at varying quality but overall I found myself quite pleased with the recording's primitive charm. See if it works for you as well.

5 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Fucking love it! Has that spirit that is lost somewhere nowadays!
Looking for more of similar stuff!
Thanks guys you rule!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Thank you for your comment. There are still more rehearsal tapes from Wintermoon and similar projects to be posted, so keep an eye on the blog.

GREV kirjoitti...

Yeah... there's more "Maalinauhantie scene" material on my vaults if you don't have those yet?

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Thanks again my brothers! Yes, indeed I'm keeping an eye on this phenomenal blog! Sorry for my laziness gentelmen, I'm about to contribute with Holocaust (pol), Warhagan and Gontyna Kry demo/reh and more stuff for months. I promise I'll send them in days! Have more unseen elswhere stuff on MC's, will contribute soon I promise! To Grev: yes, very interested in "Maalinauhantie scene" material indeed. Can I have youre email Grev?
Regards
Trivialis

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Trivialis:

Thanks for the comments and don't worry about speed if you've been planning to contribute - the Coven is not really known for haste nor punctuality.

Anyways, I am always pleased to get contributions, you can reach me on my hotmail, velkaarn at hotmail dot com. Grev's mail I leave for him to share should he so choose.