maanantai 5. maaliskuuta 2012

Pimeys - Land of Darkness demo 1997


Pimeys - Land of Darkness demo I 1997
1)
Apocalyptic Storms (Intro)
2) Midnight Child
3) Land of Darkness
4) The Witch of Doom
5) Lord of Shadows
6) From the Darkness We Come

Reuploaded

Contributions from brother Grev's vaults, this is the first demo of the Lappeenranta black metal band Pimeys which featured personnel of bands like Bestial Devastation, Skullkrusher, Blasphemous Evil and Förgjord. Grev had acquired this from a trader comrade so no covers and neither were they found online. If you have them, please scan & share!

The second demo was more black/thrash but this one is pretty much basic, rough black metal. Raw rehearsal sound, simple and mostly short tracks, generally average performance. Those ingredients can bring much more than seems at first, but in this case we are left with a pretty average debut demo. So, nothing revolutionary or even remarkable yet still of interest to fans of Finnish black metal and collectors of UG demos.

5 kommenttia:

Argus M. kirjoitti...

I remember this one, I was in touch with the member who was also in Bestial Devastation. If I remember correctly Marco who was drumming for Unhola and Fall of the Leafe introduced me to them.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Argus:

Did you hear the second demo? It's a bit thrashier if I remember correctly. I should have a rip somewhere - if I didn't lose it with the old external drive.

Argus M. kirjoitti...

don't think I heard the second one, they seemed to disappear off radar pretty quickly unfortunately.

Is Vornat really still active?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Argus:

Unfortunately I don't think Vornat is active, though I believe there is unreleased material. I am not certain, however.

Make sure you check out the comments on Skogen #3, btw.

yugandhar kirjoitti...

nice post dude........ but there may be some hidden and unreleased material.

cyberfinger.blogspot.in