sunnuntai 14. syyskuuta 2014

Orcustus #2


Orcustus - The Shadow of the Golden Fire magazine, issue 2 (early 1992)
Interviews:
Beherit
Darkthrone
Tormentor
Samael
Sinoath
Necromantia
Alastis
Burzum
Mayhem
Marduk
Drowning in Solitude
Perdition Hearse
+ reviews, short articles, Norwegian scene report, short stories etc...

Mediafire

I wanted to do a 'zine post this weekend, unfortunately it ended delayed but here we finally go, another Norwegian classic I borrowed from brother passetiermes (thank you!), this is the second issue of Orcustus 'zine done by Bård "Faust" Eithun, whom you might know from somewhere. And this was a real bitch to scan, thanks to the way it was put together and my unwillingness to maul a borrowed 'zine. The end result was not exactly great so I had to take the time to edit the scans to a little less crooked form and single pages. But enough of my whining, the bands interviewed are all (except Drowning in Solitude which I've never heard) interesting, the layout is neat, clear and old school, English good, time period fascinating and so on. Ok, some pages feel like filler and I could do without the Norwegian and English written short stories and poems/lyrics by Jørn H. Sværen (later known as an Ulver contributor) and Erik Martensen but they do add character to the 'zine. Other contributions include an article about torture by Oliver Bruss, short poem by Morbid aka Magus Wampyr Daoloth and an article by Alberto Jiménes V. (The Voice of the Dark). Some of the readers might notice that this was one of the 'zines leafed through in the documentary Det svarte alvor (1994). Absolutely essential, this is not only nostalgic but also informative, entertaining and a good example of what a proper 'zine looks like.

4 kommenttia:

GREV kirjoitti...

Yep... some 'zines are too bitches to scan. That's why I'm gonna save some money and buy handycam... hehee. It's not expensive (about 60€), but I need to buy my weekly boozes you know ;)

Anyway, thanks for this masterpiece for you & passetiermes

GREV kirjoitti...

Damn, I meant to say "Handyscan" not handycam, because I aleady have it ;)

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Grev:

Hmm, wonder if I'd need one, better look it up. Then again, presently I scan this stuff at work anyways. Now that I think of it I need a new camera too, if I'd get one of them scifi phones it would probably have a very good camera but I hate those!

Anyways, you're welcome, hope you enjoyed it.

GREV kirjoitti...

I have a scanner, but it's bit difficult to scan some zines (I haven't try scan normal zines yet, but I'll do that in near future)

I dreaming about new a new SLR Camera. I have digicamera, but I want better one, because I love take photographs.

Hahaa, sci-fi phones should burn in hell ;)