lauantai 22. marraskuuta 2014

Korova - Live in Rockhouse Salzburg (13-01-95)


Korova - Live in Rockhouse, Salzburg Austria 13th January 1995
1) Awakening from Perpetual Contemplation (Yellow Mahogany Tomb I)
2) A Kiss in the Charnel Fields
3) Entlebt in tristem Morgenblut
4) Latin Dreams in Turpentine
5) Nordsciltim - In the Filth Where All Cull Perambulates Pain
6) Sálømeh, des Teufels Braut

Rusfolder / Mega

Break over, back to business and this is a live tape contribution (which I would like to see more) which I actually intended to post already before departing for Black Flames V last week but didn't have time to. Anyways, thanks to the contributor for the rip! This has obviously no real cover, I just felt like making one so there.

I should probably say something about the performer too, this is Korova from Austria which a few people might actually remember while others might know them by the later name Korovakill. This live recording predates the debut album's release on Napalm records (who used to be a pretty interesting label in the early to mid 90's) in May '95 but as it was already recorded in late '94 these are final versions of the songs, well, adjusted to the live situation of course. Korova at this phase played avant-gardish black metal that had some odd elements but wasn't quite massively annoying. Though I'm not really fond of the nu-metallish, bouncy bits that occasionally pop up. I think I took a listen to the second album and immediately fled the record store so excuse my ignorance for their latter development. This live tape features a good sound, you can hear all the instruments without them cluttering the soundscape up and no element seems overtly dominant. Possibly a soundboard recording? Yes, the music is all over the place but still manages to stay together well enough to remain listenable and even enjoyable to yours truly. Recommended for the curious, the Austria-oriented and the handful of people who liked "A Kiss in the Charnel Fields".

4 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Don´t know where you get all these rare stuff from - terrific!
Anyway, thanks a lot for posting it!
Running wild

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@RW:

Like they say, I know a guy. ;) Or more like a few really. This is a pretty damn good live to boot, I think, better than average quality and somewhat rare band to see a live recording from. Lucky!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I wouldn´t call it luck, but passion & addiction!
The cool thing is, that this was recorded even before their first album was out…
Big respect for grabbing & sharing it!
Running wild

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@RW:

You're welcome, I hope my contributor will send some more live recordings later, I think he has a ton of 'em. Possibly some more from Austrians too. ;)