torstai 2. huhtikuuta 2015

Hiborym - Abakua: Pacta Conventa Daemonorum demo 1995

Hiborym - Abakua: Pacta Conventa Daemonorum demo 1995
1) Lady Masthema
2) Coronum Patrem Noctis
3) Sigilium Diaboli

Mega

Brother Baldemar's contributions continue with another Mexican black metal relic continuing where these posts left off. Thank you for the rip! Based on some old interviews I always thought of Hiborym as the main band of Masthema Sancia & co and despite remaining somewhat obscure and underground it has also stayed active the longest, releasing a demo as "recently" as 2010. I would really like to get my hands on the recordings released between 1995 and 2010 so if you have them, get in touch. I'd also really like a cover for this so you know what to do. And (possible) older recordings interest me as well.

What is here then? Three tracks might not look like much but this still runs over 20 minutes as these are all relavitely long tracks, which might be a slight surprise. If you were expecting fast and blistering black/death/war metal assault, think again. This is mostly slow to midpaced raw, melancholic and atmospheric black metal. Rather doomy even. It's quite obviously a rehearsal recording but the sound quality is good enough and actually very pleasant to my ears, suits this much better than a fancy polished 48 track studio recording! Now that I think of it, this has a lot in common with the Iadanamada rehearsal I earlier posted. I like this and am very fascinated with this circle of bands in general so be sure to let me know if you have more from Hiborym or any of the related projects!

4 kommenttia:

Antitacta kirjoitti...

Hey there,
Hiborym is still active and the guys are still around (they were at a gig I attended just last weekend). I'm not associated with them but do know that they were kind of zealous when sharing their early stuff, they woulnd't sell it within Mexico but only give it out if they liked the person and so on. If the chance comes about, I will talk to them and see if they would share the early stuff. (Probably duplicated comment, delete the previous one if so, heh).

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Antitacta:

Hey there and thanks for the comment! Good to read they're still active, it's been some time since the last demo again. Time flies these days.

Anyways, I'd really appreciate it if you can help with the early Hiborym, Iadanamada and related material. I'm personally interested in the stuff and can keep things to myself too in case they don't want to see it on the blog.

Kalasasayatron kirjoitti...

RELEASED
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Hiborym/XX_Years_Of_Consecrated_Black_Metal_~_1992-2012_~_Under_The_Shadow_of_my_Fist/679773

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Kalasasayatron:

A late thank you for the heads up! I need to see if I can score a copy.