tiistai 26. heinäkuuta 2011

Codex Gigas - Livid demo 1992


Codex Gigas - Livid demo I 1992
1)
Within the Beast
2) Overhauling the Ovary of Infamy
3) The Cemetary for You And Five Billions Moore
4) Livid

Reuploaded

I've returned from Tuska more or less in one piece and am here finally fulfilling an old request by THE DECEASED of Lockjaw by posting the debut demo of Uppsala's death metallers Codex Gigas, kindly contributed to me (along with excellent scans) by brother SuuretMuinaiset. Thanks mate! You'll be seeing more of his donations in the near(-ish) future.

Intro plus four tracks for 15 minutes of Swedish early 90's death metal madness is the deal here - most certainly not black metal like the Metal Archives contributor decided to label them! This demo has it all if you're into old school från Sverige: doomy, punishing bits; fast and chaotic solos and segments; cavernous and dirty, somewhat dry but clear sound; malignant vocals more like hoarse screams than death grunts; odd but strangely catchy parts... well just go ahead and download it, damn it. Necessary if you're into death metal, recommended!

8 kommenttia:

grindfreak kirjoitti...

Thanks Velkaarn, for sharing this one!! I thought i've heard every old swedish band there was, but i've never heard this guys! Great Demo and great post!!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@grindfreak:

I think there's a never-ending supply of old tapes not heard yet my friend. Anyways, glad to introduce you to a new old band! Check out the second demo too.

Misfits kirjoitti...

Thanks Velkaarn and SuuretMuinaiset. I didn't have any idea about their existence. Thanks so much!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Misfits:

The Deceased has to be thanked for this one since I had blissfully forgotten about them too! SM actually rates them as his fave demo bands in the early 90's. Myself I just remember the cool logo from a flyer and then didn't get around to listen to them as it was in my "only black metal" period. :)

THE DECEASED kirjoitti...

Velkaarn, you're the man! Haha!! Finally came around to check this (thanx for your searching, I also forgot about this!), and it really satisfied my ears! Crushing, heavy Death Metal-sounds, and it doesn't remind me too much on the 'typical' Swedish Death Metal of this time, it has an own vibe. How the songs are built, and the use of the vocals etc.
Great share (both demos!), and many thanx again to you and your pal for bringing this up!!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@TD:

You're very welcome, I enjoyed this myself too! I agree they don't sound too typical. Now to find the third demo! :)

Krug kirjoitti...

hi,
can you please re-upload this demo. thanx in advance.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Krug:

Uploading as I type this reply!