tiistai 19. heinäkuuta 2011

Disembody - Demo II 1993

Disembody (fin) - Demo II 1993
1)
Abandoned
2) Invisible
3) Fuckin' 48 / Desire

Reuploaded

I've returned recently from Hammer Open Air and here's another item I got from Grev, being a demo from the Finnish death metal band Disembody. And again I know next to nothing about them so further info is appreciated as would be scans of the covers/band logo/band pic/anything.

This is a tape traded item, several times over I bet, so it is slightly worn but still very listenable quality. The sound of the demo is good, not polished obviously but I think that fits this sort of old schoolish death metal well. Musicianship is not flashy but more than adequate to my standards. A detail I want to mention is the occasional, quite subtle synths in the background. I find myself enjoying this one, especially the first track. About the tracklisting I have to say I got it listing four tracks but I think "Desire" is the short outro sort of bit at the end of "Fuckin' 48" or if not, then missing from the dub I got. But I'm pretty sure it's just that. Recommended for people into old (Finnish/Nordic) death metal.

12 kommenttia:

THE DECEASED kirjoitti...

Fine thing that is! Thanx for sharing!
I wish I could post more stuff on lockjaw, or better said be more active in general (f.e. visiting some certain great blogs more often), but in the last time it simply is not possible. Fuck it!!! Anyways, some very interesting stuff surfaced the last time here, thank you Velkaarn!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@TD:

Nice to read from you! Yeah I can understand people being busy in the summertime. I need to travel back to Helsinki for Tuska fest tomorrow so another break from posts coming up!

However, keep checking back as I'll post soon the Codex Gigas demos I recently got.

grindfreak kirjoitti...

I love old school Finnish Death!! But i've never heard of this guys before! Thanks for sharing it! Do you by any chance have Endermic's Second demo "The Darkest Cloud"?? i just have a badly dubbed copy of it! sound is very poor!!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@grindfreak:

Hi & thanks for your comment! I don't have that one but I'll check if my friend Juha might have it ok?

GREV kirjoitti...

Grindfreak/Velkaarn: About Endermic second demo, I have it, so if you need it, you know where to get it :)

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Grev:

Came back from Tuska. Almost alive. Thanks for the heads up, I'll pester you soonish then!

grindfreak kirjoitti...

Hi, Any news on the Endermic Demo?? thanks!!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@grindfreak:

Well, good news actually, I should get it from brother Grev soon. Depending of course how he has time. I'll try to post it ASAP when I get it.

Samuel Baldwin kirjoitti...

Hammer Open Air was fucking great this year. Blog fucking rules, high expectations for Disembody.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Samuel Baldwin:

Yeah, Hammer was great and I'll definitely attend the next one too. Recent Black Flames of Blasphemy II - event was great too and partial reason for the recent quiet times on the blog.

Hope you enjoyed the Disembody demo, it's nothing earth-shattering but good, basic stuff.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

hello.. is this demo still available? the current link seems broken. thanks for posting these demos. essential to keep the history/archive alive, especially for these finnish bands that just vanished after a demo or EP.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

Yeah, I've got it, reuploading as I write this so be sure to check again!