perjantai 29. heinäkuuta 2011

Ghosts Have No Shade - Promo/Rehearsal 4-1995

Ghosts Have No Shade - Promo/Rehearsal 4-1995
1)
Untitled

Reuploaded

If you are endlessly hunting for rare curios of black(-ish) metal nature, this one is for you. I have to say I don't know, or have forgotten if I did, crap about this French project who as far as I know never released anything else under this monicker. I have an extremely vague idea of this being a side project by someone in some French band but the details elude my demented brain. Any further info would be appreciated!

So this is an instrumental rehearsal track of 5 minutes and 26 seconds and has a pretty good sound. Mostly midtempo and quite atmospheric. I don't recognize this as anything else, so I don't know if they could have changed name or if this might not even be genuine. The sound is fuzzy but sort of pleasant to me, percussion is a bit too much on the front and sounds artificial, there's some synth on the background and the whole thing reeks of being unfinished business but I still find myself enjoying it. I suppose I'm easy to please sometimes, see if you are too and try it out.

8 kommenttia:

Bangstah kirjoitti...

Needless to say, I was attracted by the sheer obscurity and the kinda cool name at first - enough to download it without caring what it might sound like.
The sound is surprisingly good, sounds as if it was recorded with several mics, not just a walkman. :)
I also like the music, although I am not sure if this is actually a "real" song or just a tryout of some sort (they are more or less repeating the same 2-3 parts over again), but hey - this is good nonetheless. I couldn't help thinking about possible vocal lines for it while I listened to it, so it must have something to it!
I have never heard of them ever before I think (somehow the name seems to ring a very distant bell, but that may be something in my head....), so thanks a lot for this obscure track. Damn! I really need to stuff my car full of boxes with tapes in them, next times I go to my parents place - I have tons of such stuff and really need to preserve it!!! That's the second reminmder you gave me within a few days. ;)

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Bangstah:

I am here to serve! ;)

Yeah, be sure to grab tapes when you go there - you never know when they decide they need more storage space and toss away "those old useless cassettes - who listens to them anymore?"!!! About the track, I'm sure I had somewhere a mention about whose project this was but I can't remember if it was on a trading list or letter or where the hell! I'm thinking Your Shapeless Beauty but that might be just because of a similar lenghty name and same country.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

This link seems to have died. Could you please reupload it?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@EC:

Certainly, will do this in a sec. I could've sworn I already reuploaded this but apparently not!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

file deleted again... could you re-up pls

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

Not deleted, expired. I'll reup it in a sec.

Deutsche Asphalt kirjoitti...

thanks man, really wanted to check this out

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Deutsche Asphalt:

No problem & you're welcome. Just let me know if you encounter other expired links you need fixed.