torstai 11. huhtikuuta 2013

Wintergods - Compilation Track 1998


Wintergods - Compilation Track 1998
1) Ancient Temple Lost in Carpathian Hills

Mediafire / Depositfiles

Today we have what might be politely called a filler and it indeed was one, dubbed by a tape trader on a tape after some demos and whatever. This is a (advance?) track from to me unknown compilation tape dating to 1998 (?) by the Greeks Wintergods, a project consisting of Demogorgon (Legion of Doom) and Lord Darkoan (Der Stürmer). They played dark synth music with some vocals, some of which would qualify as dungeon synth and some being closer to black ambient. Obviously there is no cover for a compilation track, I just felt like making something up as all Wintergods logos I could find were tiny. Image "borrowed" from footage.shutterstock.com.

I'm really kind of wasting everyone's time here, at least if you're already a listener of the project, as this track was featured also on the split they did with Funebre Inferi, though the title shortened by one word and it sounded very slightly different. The difference I'm sure has more to do with the dub and/or rip than alternative mix or anything like that. I think this sounded a wee bit "better" than the rip of the split I have, slightly more bottom end to it or something. Also, the split was released in 1997 so I think the compilation would also date to same year or earlier, what with the slightly changed title and all. I just noticed I haven't really said anything what this is like, have I? Dramatic synths, somewhat accented voices either narrating or whispering over it, along with some effected second voice and thundering percussion. Nice. And very short, 2½ minutes, it feels more like an intro. This is an awful lot of text for such a short thing, better stop right now.

9 kommenttia:

Andrew Werdna kirjoitti...

This is neat man, thanks. And I'm glad you're back, I missed you :) By far my favorite music-sharing blog on the internet.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Andrew:

Thanks for your comment and I'm flattered, though I'm not sure how consistent my active periods with the blog are going to be.

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Thanks for the Wintergods track. I stuck it onto Seven Xul Curses as a bonus track.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

You're welcome and that seems a good idea as it's very short for a stand-alone piece, unlike the Lamentation track.

GREV kirjoitti...

@Velkaarn: Hey... thanks for this. I already have a split, but that doesn't matter. Have you heard "Seven Xul Curses" Demo?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@GREV:

You're welcome and sure have, got it on tape somewhere and a pretty good rip I found a few years back. It's pretty good too.

GREV kirjoitti...

Yep, it sounds good.

Unknown kirjoitti...

Damn this is good! Any chance you could upload the split? I've been wanting to hear that for years!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@ZV:

Hmm, I'll have a looky if I can dig up a link for you. If I can't find one, I suppose I could upload the split then.