maanantai 6. lokakuuta 2014

Kaamos - Demo -95


Kaamos [fin] - Demo I 1995
1) A Cry Sound Asleep
2) Lusting for the Sky

Reuploaded


Another repost?! Yes and this one is long due, I promised back in '12 to ask brother Grev dub me this one and only demo of Helsinki Kaamos, not to be mixed with the Swedish one, and that eventually happened, I ripped that and then buried it in the digital catacombs. Better late than never. Thanks to Grev for also providing a cover scan!

So what's different this time around? Well, being a dub of an original demo there's a bit less tape hiss and, oddly enough, a teensy bit more glitching on the first track, probably due the tape this was dubbed on. Most importantly, this has different running time, almost 18 minutes versus the 16½ minutes of the predecessor rip. Apparently the old dub ran at wrong speed, just a touch too fast. How I hate cassettes! Yeah, they've always been more trouble than they're worth, no matter what comrade SuuretMuinaiset or anyone says. But enough whining, have a listen to it at the speed (I think) it was supposed to run!

6 kommenttia:

Misfits kirjoitti...

Velkaarn! I've been away for a long time (been to busy lately), but as soon as I saw you posted a new version of this demo, I thought I had to leave a message to thank you (and Grev). You can't imagine how many times I listened to this demo since you posted it for the first time (hundreds and hundreds). I loved it. Now I'm worried, thinking whether I should listen to this version at the right speed. What if I don't like it as much? Anyway, I'll try.
By the way, thanks for continue posting cool stuff (thanks also to the people who send you stuff to post), especially after all the sites/links went down. That kind of discourage me. Take care.
AlMisfits

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Misfits:

Good to read from you, it's been a while. And I certainly understand your reluctance, I've had this happen to me, can't remember right off the bat what demo it was but I liked the correct speed version less than the incorrect one I was used to hearing!

Will be interesting to read how this turns out for you. ;)

GREV kirjoitti...

Hails Velkaarn & Misfits!

You're more than welcome :)

Keep on dying in the free world! \m/

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Hi there!
A reupload of this demo would be appreciated, if you could.
Keep up the good work!

LashTaL.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@LashTaL:

Sorry, haven't been around much as of late. Anyways, it is reuploaded.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Thank you very very much!!!

LashTaL