torstai 7. huhtikuuta 2011

Midvinter - Midvinternatt demo 1994


Midvinter - Midvinternatt demo 1994
1)
Intro
2) De vises hymn
3) Midtro
4) Mitt blod...
5) Outro

Reuploaded

Some more Swedish black metal, this one can be found in the inter nets but since I had ripped my dub I decided to upload it. This is the debut and only demo of Midvinter who released an album in 1997, split up and apparently resumed activities in 2006.

I got this demo originally as advance tape for 7"EP which was probably some sort of misunderstanding. Or a change of plans, don't know. Anyways, dubbed for me by one of my pen pals I had no covers for this so I've taken the image from M.A. once again. The quality of the dub & rip is ok and the sound quality of the recording satisfying enough. It's clear enough but obviously demo-ish, all instruments are audible but the guitar sound could use a little extra kick. Competent black metal vocals spitting out lyrics written in Swedish on two compact songs and three intros/interludes spice up the recording. Quite typical stuff for its time but a nice listen anyways. Check out their full-lenght album too, and hopefully they'll release something new soon, the instrumental track from 2009 on their MySpace sounds promising.

Ei kommentteja: